JUMPSTART INNOVATION MASTERCLASS SERIES
#1: Innovation Concepts Immersion
The Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest (SIPNW) is partnering with Gregg Fraley Innovation (GFi) to host a series of six innovation-training masterclasses in 2020. The Jumpstart Innovation Learning Series seeks to train innovators and entrepreneurs in essential innovation skills. Participants are managers, project leaders, small business owners, and those charged with leading innovation programs.
The content of the sessions includes basic innovation skills and deliberate creative problem solving. Over the course of the series, more advanced topics in cutting-edge innovation strategy, branding, culture building, and project management are trained.
SESSION #1: Innovation Concepts Immersion
Innovation has a wide body of knowledge that needs reviewed and understood before initiating a program. In order to execute best practice you have to know what they are.
This workshop includes:
– Definition of innovation and how it’s distinct from creativity and brainstorming
– Origins of methods in invention and process improvement
– Why innovation programs are necessary to survive and grow
– What culture needs to be in place to support a program and how to create it
– Team formation and development
– Getting a mandate from management to move forward, and why clarity on program goals is a foundation to success
– Planning a project and an overview of standard process
– Review of the most common or popular “frameworks” including Design Thinking, Osborn-Parnes CPS, Agile, Lean, Business Model Canvas, TRIZ, and others
– Innovation framework selection
– Getting started on a pilot project, or, re-igniting an innovation program
Save 10% when you register with promo code INSIDE
The Jumpstart Innovation Masterclass Series is offered as a subscription package, with each module advancing participant knowledge about innovation in a new way. However, participants can also buy a specific module of interest. Regardless if you join us one time of for the full season, participants will walk away with highly useful and actionable knowledge in theory, practice, and tools for starting up and running innovation programs.
The cost of the series is $599 for all six workshops. Purchased individually, the workshops are $149 each. Each all-day session will take place at the Society of Innovators at Purdue Northwest in their Portage, IN meeting facility.
Friday, January 17: Innovation Concepts Immersion
Friday, March 13: Structured Creative Problem Solving
Friday, May 15: Facilitation Skills and Tools for Leadership
Friday, August 21: Innovating Your Brand
Friday, October 9: The Art of Agility (Agile/SCRUM Concepts)
Friday, December 11: Improvisation for Business Problem Solving